How can you make your own Green Tea ice cream? (Recipe from Harumi´s Japanese Home cooking book)
1. Mix the matcha powder with 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl.
2. Separately, mix the remaining sugar with the egg yolks.
3. Gently heat the milk in a pan and mix a few spoons of milk with the matcha and sugar mix. When you have a smooth paste, add this to the remaining milk and combine with the egg mix.
4. Heat the final mixture slowly (do not boil) and then cool this completely.
5. Whip the cream and add it to the cold matcha mixture.
6. Pour this into a container and put it in the freezer. Mix it a few times while freezing to avoid ice crystals.
For the weight watchers, this recipe has 140 calories per half cup of ice cream.
For more recipes, I recommend the book New tastes in Green Tea by Mutsuko Tokunag, Harumi´s Japanese Cooking Books or the Matcha source eBook which can be downloaded here.
If you have any other good recipes with Tea please share them here. 🙂