I am a big fan of ginger infusion. I always have fresh ginger root at my house and make a big pot of ginger and lemon infusion in the morning.
Ginger is loaded with antioxidants and vital minerals and has a wide range of health benefits: aids digestion; decreases arthritic swelling; destroys bacteria and viruses; lowers blood pressure; aids circulation, relieves stress.
But what happens if you infuse ginger with whisky? You get a ginger whisky on the rocks!
Check out this amazing recipe by Kelly Diamond from the Eat Me blog:
- 295ml of whisky (Jack Daniels works well)
- 4 spoons of brown sugar
- one tablespoon of honey
- piece of ginger root (around 7cm)
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- powdered vanilla flavour
- A jar with lid
1. In a small saucepan, heat the whisky but don’t let it boil.
2. Once it’s warm, add the honey and keep stirring.
3. Add the brown sugar and continue to stir until melted (for about 5 minutes).
4. Take this off the heat and let it cool down.
5. Peel the ginger and slice into small slices.
6. Put the ginger in your jar and add the granulated sugar, vanilla powder and the cool whisky mixture.
7. Close the jar and give it a shake.
8. Let sit for two nights, shaking occasionally.
9. Strain out the ginger pieces and enjoy your ginger whisky on the rocks!
Happy Tea Break